Colonnade Insurance SA was rated A- (excellent) for financial stability by the international rating agency A.M. Best. A.M. Best has assigned a Financial Strength Rating (FSR) of A- (Excellent) and a Long-Term Issuer Credit Rating (Long-Term ICR) of “a-” to Colonnade Insurance S.A. (Colonnade) (Luxembourg), member of Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited (Fairfax) (Toronto, Canada)
- Colonnade Insurance S.A. (Colonnade) is a Luxembourg based non-life Insurance company fully owned by Fairfax and established for a strategic expansion of the Fairfax insurance business in Central & Eastern Europe.
- Colonnade has more than 400 employees in Eastern Europe, with a premium income in excess of 100 million euros for this region.
- Colonnade operates through branches in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Bulgaria and its sister company in Ukraine.
- Colonnade is licensed to underwrite 17 of the 18 statutory classes of non-life Insurance (except Class 10 – Motor Vehicle Liability). Our licenses are extended to Freedom of Services for all EU member states.
- Colonnade is dedicated to first class customer service and innovative products for commercial and consumer insurance solutions in Central & Eastern Europe.
- Companies operate on a decentralized basis, with empowered underwriting teams applying a focused underwriting strategy to their markets.