Protects the Insured against legal liability, regulatory enforced remediation and environmental damage resulting from its business whether as a result of a sudden and accidental or a gradual pollution event. Coverage can extended to include remediation of own premises where required by the appropriate regulatory authority, business interruption as well as transportation activities.
- Manufacturing and industrial facilities
- Bulk storage and warehouse facilities
- Waste treatment and disposal facilities
- Commercial sites, including hospitals, shopping centres, laboratories, hotels, and housing developments
- National or multinational companies
- Restoration or remediation of biodiversity damage to third-party sites.
- Defence and assessment of biodiversity damage claims.
- Mitigation of loss costs to prevent the worsening of a pollution incident early on.
- Loss arising from gradual, as well as sudden and accidental pollution conditions.
- Clean-up costs (on-site and off-site); include repair/rebuild costs to first-party property damaged during clean up.
- Third-party bodily injury and third-party property damage caused by pollution release.